Natural Capital Valuation
Through economic valuation, Sustainable Flows helps businesses and governments better understand the environmental tradeoffs associated with their decisions.
Many important environmental, social and economic factors are often excluded from decision making. Using a range of methods, Sustainable Flows help managers integrate these externalities and their organization’s dependence on natural capital into their procedures and processes.
Economic valuation informs managers about:
- Dependencies of national economies and revenue streams on ecosystem services
- Opportunities to maximize long-term benefits from ecosystem services
- Actual or potential impacts of economic activities on ecosystem services
- Opportunities to generate reputational assets resulting from improved environmental management
We offer a wide range of services in economic valuation, including:
- Ecosystem service tradeoff analysis
- Spatial modeling of ecosystem services and their economic value
- Corporate valuation of ecosystem services dependencies, risks, and opportunities
- Assistance in outreach strategies for communicating environmental management efforts
- Corporate accounting of natural capital